Thursday, June 7, 2012

Twitter & My Upcoming Painting

 Hey everyone! Just to let you know, if you would like to you can maybe check me out on twitter! Same name, Ms.Paperwait. I'll follow you back!

 The post today is going to be about my upcoming painting. If I can, I will post some picture here. The plan is a tree in the forest, with orange leaves and flowers. Because I have a dream of flying, I'm adding a swing, because when you swing up and close your eyes, it feels like you're flying. I love that feeling.



 I have been working on this one for a while. I got the idea on a walk through the beautiful forest. It inspired me.

 Why not some tips for painting?

  •  To save money: Buy large paint tubes in the basic colors: White, black, red, yellow, blue and green. That way you can just mix the colors to make more specific ones.
  •  Take a rather big paintbrush and mix white paint and a little bit of water together, and then coat your whole canvas. This makes your painting surface smoother. Like a primer.
  •  Don't be afraid to experiment with new techniques and colors. Inspiration is everywhere!
  •  Try background and foreground painting. This means that - for example, if drawing a forest- you paint the horizon and some trees in the background and the ground, then on TOP of that you do the trees sharper and more defined. Add another ground(lower than first) And make it really light colored. Don't forget shadow. This technique works for almost anything.
  •  You can do realistic paintings by sitting in a field, on the sidewalk, in the grocery store(just kidding. Haha) or any other interesting place and paint what you see. Same goes for putting an item in front of you and drawing it or looking in a mirror and painting a self portrait.
 Those are probably the most important tips that I know. Do not forget,ITLCSF.

 Inspiration
 Technique
 Look
 Colors
 Simple
 Feel

 That is what I try to remember.

 Hope this post helped you out!

 P.S. New video this weekend. I promise!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment