Friday, July 13, 2012

Pastels

 Hey! I decided that I have forgot an important art supply topic...

 Pastels!

 Pastels are like chalk, crayons, and paint all in one, which comes in handy in some art situations.



 With pastels you can blend colors, and fade them out as well. I don't use pastels very much anymore, but when I used to, it was lots of fun and I came up with so many creative pictures.

 Have any of you heard about oil bars? Well, they are simply oil paints compressed into a pastel form. A pretty neat art tool. They blend great and look great.

 Pastel tips:
  • Blend two or more colors to achieve a nicely shaded object.
  • Have some hand wipes nearby to wipe your hands.
  • Try to get pastels in similar colors to make shading easier. 
 Enjoy using your pastels. I will actually be trying to find time to start a pastel art project.

 P.S. I know that I haven't uploaded a video for a while... I promise that I will try to put one up this weekend. Be patient!

 P.P.S. Have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment